TENANT FREQUENTY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How can I view a house that I see on your website?
You can either email us or contact our property manager for a showing. Many homes are on a lockbox that we can give you a code after verifying your identity with your debit or credit card.
- Will my debit or credit card be charged to obtain an access code?
No, if you obtain the code from one of our property managers or leasing agents. If you are in the front of the property and would like to see it immediately and call the 800 number on the sign, it will charge your card .99 cents and you will be texted a code immediately.
- How much does it cost to apply?
The cost is $35 per each person 18 or older.
- How do I know your policies with regards to qualifications for a house?
Prior to starting an application you will be given an opportunity to review and sign our application policies and procedures.
- What happens if I am not sure if I qualify?
We recommend that you contact the property manager and leasing agent with qualification questions. They will do their best in clarifying your situation.
- Do you accept pets?
It depends on the property. Please review the ad or ask our property manager. We always accept pets for prospective residents with disabilities that have a medical provider’s written authorization.
- If I have a disability and do not have a medical providers written authorization what can I do to obtain one?
Please ask our property manager for the form you can provide your medical provider to complete.
- Do you have a deposit for pets?
Our fee is $250 nonrefundable. If you have a medical providers written authorization no deposit will be required.
- Do you have restrictions on breeds of animals?
Yes. Please check with our property manager. We have an animal and pet policy that you will have to sign prior to moving into your property.
- Do I need renters insurance?
Yes. We will require a copy prior to you moving in. It will have to have our companies name on the policy as an additional interest. Please check with the property manager for details.
- When do the utilities have to be placed in my name?
Prior to taking possession we require proof that the utilities are placed in your name.
- What is the term of the lease?
Our leases are for a minimum of 12 months.
- How much do I have to pay to move in?
Typically you will be charged one month’s rent in advance plus a security deposit generally equal to the monthly rent and a nonrefundable administration fee. In addition you may be charged a nonrefundable pet fee if you have a pet.
- Do you do a move in inspection?
Yes. We do an inspection and give you a move in condition report to complete and return to us within 5 days of the move in.
- When is rent due?
Our rents are always due on the 1st day of each month. A late fee is accessed on the 2nd day of the month of 10% of the monthly rent.
- How do I pay my rent?
We give 3 options. You will be assigned a user name and login password when you move in. You will have the ability to pay online. You will also have the ability to mail your rent to us or walk it in at our office Mon-Fri 9-5.
- What If I have a maintenance request?
You will be able to log into your account and send a maintenance request.
- Do you do routine inspections?
Yes. Two times a year.
- What happens at the end of my lease?
At around the 10th month of your lease term we may give you an option to renew your lease. If you do not renew your lease you must give us a written 30 day notice on or before the 1st day of the last month of your term.
- What happens to my security deposit?
Within 14 days of you moving out we will send a security deposit disposition with a refund of your security deposit minus and damages or monies due us.
- Can I use your company as a reference?
Yes. We always welcome you to ask for a reference. All requests must be in writing. We will not give a reference to any prospective landlord without your written consent.